Today’s show is all about PARENTING with psychologist and parenting specialist, Dr. Amy Fortney Parks.
With over 25 years experience working with children, adolescents and families as both an educator and psychologist, Dr. Amy the owner of The Wise Family. She is also the Executive Director of WISE Mind Solutions LLC, which specialize in working with kids, tweens and teens, families, parent groups, local independent schools and public systems for counseling and consulting services.
On today’s show we talk about HOW TO PARENT, your KID’S HAPPINESS, social media, ‘yes and…’, and much much more.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“I’m telling you, in this country we pay more attention to our children’s Halloween candy than we do their social media presence.” – Dr. Amy Fortney Parks
- Why parents are not responsible for their kid’s happiness
- What is the link between happiness and social media
- Why parents are so obsessed with their child being happy
- How families compare themselves to each other
- What does WAIT mean
- Why do we make money more important than finding our life’s purpose
- Imagine a world of people aligned with their own inner authority
- Why we avoid intimacy
- How parents and children are connected psychologically
“What is it that you feel needs to happen for your family? What is that path that you want your family to be on?” – Dr. Amy Fortney Parks
Parenting Tips from Dr. Amy Fortney Parks:
- Pay less attention to your kid’s behavior, but notice their behavior as a message
- Pay attention to the things your kids are involved in, and be in your life (not on your phone)
- When you feel like you’re out of your depth, then get some help
- Connect with Dr. Amy Fortney Parks:
“Happiness is not a train stop.” – Dr. Amy Fortney Parks